This is an old revision of the document!
How-to open the main chassis
- First, remove any filament roll, and then move the z axis as high as it will go out of the way.
- Turn the printer off and disconnect the power cable.
- Unplug all the cables on the side of the printer.
- Undo the 4 screws on the bottom that hold the main chassis and z/x axis frame parts together. The main chassis should now be completely separate.
- At the rear of the main chassis on the upper edge of the back side, there are three M2 hex screws that need to be removed.
- At the front of the printer, on the bottom, are 4 screws that need to be removed. 2x M2 hex screws in the chassis, and 2x M4 hex screws located in the front rubber feet.
- Lift the edge of the chassis lid from the back of the printer. You will need to disconnect the cables from the y-stepper driver, and disconnect the y-endstop from the motherboard.
- Disconnect all the cables going to the front LCD.
- The top and bottom halves will still be attached by the y-axis cable chain.
- You will have to cut cable ties to disassemble the printer further than this point. You may prefer to stop at this point, and find something to prop open the case at an angle while you work on it.
a5/disassembly.1518413757.txt.gz · Last modified: 2020/12/25 02:13 (external edit)